What causes red pimples on penis head?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello doctor,

This problem with my penis started 2 months back. After I had intercourse small red pimples came up on penis head. It started hurting. After some time (3-4 hrs) penis came to normal state. When I had intercourse again the pimples appeared back. Penis became red and after some time it came to normal state. I am having intercourse (with and without condom) since last 2 years, never seen such problem.

As suggested by a doctor I used Fluticasone cream for 3 weeks. This helped to get the condition down a bit but did not eradicate it totally.

As suggested by another doctor I used Zole cream for some time and took AF 150 tablets for 5 days. Now the condition is that I am having itchy penis. Please check the snaps attached. I have stopped intercourse since last 2 weeks.

Due to this problem I am not able to enjoy intercourse. Please help me get rid of this.

Thanks.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood test & revert with queries posed please.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there XXXXXX.
I have looked at your digital photographs & rad through your detailed description.
However clear these snaps are, there is nothing like a first hand clinical opinion. From what I see & hear, it does appear that you have either a herpes simplex infection or an allergic contact dermatitis to the use of a condom or some lubricants or components therof.
This intercourse you are having...is it with your spouse or an acquaintance or is it a casual encounter?
Please do a Herpes Simplex blood test IgG & IgM. This will tell you for sure if there is a herpes infection & if so if it is recent or old infection & how much of the titre. If it is not there at all, then you can rest easy.
Please get back to me with these reports & then will be in a better position to advice you further.
Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD