What causes red patches on glans penis?
Please answer and post the photo
Welcome to HCM...
You said you have red patches on glans penis. And the patches occur after sex. This is relapsing. I can understand your worries for cancer of penis. Before conclusion, I would like to have answers of few questions...
- do you have itching,pain or burning?
- describe the lesion.reddish,patch,vesicals,erosions,oozing,pus...etc
- treatment taken?
- any other skin disease or systemic disease like DM?
- past history of any disease?
- family history of any disease?
- history of medicine taking for any disease?
Please answer above questions and please upload the photos of affected parts.
Wishing you healthy life..
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Duration...couple of days, sometimes longer
No itching pain or burning
It's just like a small red spot, but not raised.
I have used Canestan
No other skin problems
I did have a herpetic infection some 30 years ago
No family history as far as I'm aware.
I've included a photo, not terribly good and as you will see not very visible marks, in fact as I write they don't appear very visible at all.
Hope this is useful.
Herpes progenitalis most probably
Thanks for answers and photos. After reading history and seeing photo, clinically I feel that most probably you may be having relapsing mild infection of herpes progenitalis. Still, you consult dermatologist personally and have firm diagnosis. Tests for Antibodies IgG and IgM against HSV I & II may be done. Or PCR test for HSV may be considered.
I would like to suggest as follow..
-tab acyclovir 400 mg thrice a day for few weeks and may be repeated in relapses
- acyclovir cream may be applied whenever you have lesion
- tab levamisole 50 mg at night daily for few months to improve immunity
- Sitz bath in dettol water
- avoidance of exaustive sex
- have protection in sex to prevent re infection
- avoid multiple partners
I hope this would be helpful in managing your problem...still,any query, you are welcome.
Wishing you healthy life..
Dr. Ilyas apatel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fine macular rash glans penis causes
- Dry patch on glans penis
- Red patches on glans penis
- Red spot on glans penis
- What causes whitegrey spots on glans penis and foreskin
- What causes redshiny and flattened spots on glans penis
- Seborrheic dermatitis of the glans penis causes
- What is flaccid glans penis
- Blotchy red glans penis
- Rough patch glans penis
- Large, pus filled scarred blisters on buttock, raw patch on vagina, bump...
- Burning and warm skin on left of rib cage, no rash or shingles. What...
- Have itching around neck, ankles and under the head of the penis....
- Skin infection since months, itching only during sweating. Diagnosed to...
- Skin type is oily, want to have fair skin. Which cream shall I use?
- Having uncontrollable sweat in underarms. What to do?
- Diabetic. Have red blotches on legs. Suggest
- Noticed lump in nostril. Report showed moderate leucocytes. What does...
- Having clusters of painful warts on palm. Prescribe medications?
- Have bumps on elbow under skin. Having unusual color. What could this be?