What causes red lesions on the tongue?

ENT Specialist
Question
I have a red splotchy tongue. The red areas are very sore towards the tip of my tongue and on the top sides. Now, as time has passed, the roof of my mouth feels raw as well as the inside of my mouth around my lips. No white spots any where. No new medicine being taken. At first I thought it was my night guard because I am actually chewing through it. But I've slept without the night guard for approx 2 weeks and my mouth is worse. It is raw, numb, tingly and occasionally a metallic type taste. Food doesn't seem to have a taste any more. This has been going on for 3 months. Mouth wash is extremely painful. Peroxide and salt water don't seem to help.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Mucositis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
You are having mucosal infection and the probable cause may be night guard. You should apply candid mouth paint 4 to 5 times a day for a week. Take tablet vitamin c once daily and use hexidine mouthwash.
Don't drink anything or spit for 15 minutes of application of the medicine. Swallow the saliva.
Avoid any spicy food and aerated drinks.

All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription

Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards