What causes red itchy rashes on groin area?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 12 May 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,I am having rashes on both of my groin .its red tiny spots any its very itching..its already a week and still itch and now it change to black bruises and the bruises feel pain..I am mild lupus,minor thalassemia patient.. Need doctor to explain in details..thank you Best Regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Probably you have developed a fungal infection, tinea cruris. Your description matches with that. Treatment can be with anti fungal powder. Apply it twice daily. Can you please upload a photograph of the affected area.This willl help me in giving a closer diagnosis. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Waiting for your response . Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX here are the images you requested and I hope the images is clear for you to see..Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. It is quiet evident that you have developed a fungal infection. It can be easily treated by using anti fungal powder. Various powders like clotrimazole are available. These have anti fungal property as well as they also absorb moisture and keep area dry. You can try this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you