What causes red, itchy lesion at waist and inner thigh region?

Question
Iam 89 and just found a very red itchy rash around my waist and inside my upper thighs what can it be?

Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
fungal infection. clotrimazole+betamethazone.dry.c

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

The most common cause for red, itchy lesion at waist and inner thigh region is fungal infection. I have seen many patients with similar presentation.

Application of topical cream with combination of clotrimazole and betamethazone will help in complete recovery. Along with this cleaning with antiseptics, wearing dry cotton cloths and avoiding moistness due to sweating will help in faster recovery. The cream will reduce itching, but if not relieved antihistamine like cetrizine or loratidine will help in reducing itching.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.