What causes red hickey mark on breast?

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Cancer
Question: I have a small dime size red hickey mark on my left breast. I have no pain associated with it. I have some itching but I have it in both breast. no discharge from the breast and no lumps. I am terrified because of my own research and everything coming up to IBC. Please help

I am going to send a photo of the bruise....I am looking at my breast and it looks like it may be a little larger than the other but I have always had that issue since I had breast reduction surgery in 2000....Please look at this and tell me if I really have something to be concerned with...I noticed this maybe 4 days ago
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
not looking like cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi

You have no reason to get terrified as this is not in favour of cancer at all. There is no lump in the breast which supports this.

Most likely this is some skin condition like dermatitis.

Maybe you can visit a surgeon or dermatologist to get more reassurance. But as far as I am concerned, this is unlikely to be breast cancer, leave alone IBC.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Indranil Ghosh 7 minutes later
thank you so much for the information :) I have been so worried...If it was a skin rash would it not be in more than one location and on more than one breast? I do recall that I slept in a costume necklace a few days ago and after removing the area was very itchy....the necklace was long with something on the end that could have very well hit again the breast but would it cause a scar for several days?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
skin rash possible

Detailed Answer:
skin rash can occur in one area only. It could have been the necklace also. That rash can persist for several days even