What causes red hickey mark on breast?

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 14 Dec 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a small dime size red hickey mark on my left breast. I have no pain associated with it. I have some itching but I have it in both breast. no discharge from the breast and no lumps. I am terrified because of my own research and everything coming up to IBC. Please help
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety Neurosis due to Breast- IBC?/ Under Evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Anxiety Neurosis due to Breast- IBC?/ Under Evaluation.

Hi,Dear,thanks for your query to HCM.
Reviewed your health concerns with facts of your query.
Don't get terrified as you are not in the breast feeding age group/ your mark has hickey mark history / and you don't have any painful breast or lymph node lumps in the concerned left breast.

Suggestions to help you-
I would suggest to Check up by your Surgeon / or Family Lady doctor,who would refer for the Surgeon's physical check and for the Mammography and FNAC Biopsy if need be.
My opinion and suggestions-
-Wait for 7-10 days for the bruise / clot to resolve.IF not get the Second opinion from Surgeon / or Family doctor

-Personally I don't feel that you need to worry about all these educative academic
things, which are discussed only for reducing your anxiety neurosis for the IBC.
Hope this re-assuring reply would help you to come out of the Anxiety Neurosis from IBC -inflammatory Breast Cancer.

Welcome for any further query in this regard, which I would love to help you out.
Good Day!!
Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 16 minutes later
I am going to send a photo of the bruise....I am looking at my breast and it looks like it may be a little larger than the other but I have always had that issue since I had breast reduction surgery in 2000....Please look at this and tell me if I really have something to be concerned with...I noticed this maybe 4 days ago
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Hi,Dear,thanks for the picture of the hickey site.
Reviewed your picture with your facts of query.

My Impression-
Based on the available facts/data of your health problem,
you seem to suffer from
Bruise from the Subcutaneous Hemorrhage after Hickey.
and not from IBC,for the reasons given in my last reply.

Suggestion to help you-
After reviewing this picture with your health concerns of your last query,
I stand by that You should wait for -7-10 days, to come out of this worry you have.
So hope this reply would reduce your health worry.
Don't Worry at all.Keep Me updated after 3 weeks.
Reduce on your drugs and medicines.

Treatment Suggested-
Voltaren Gel Locally for early recovery of the Bruise on the left breast.
Thrombophobe oint locally -x for 1 week.-to recover from the Bruise on the left breast.

Hope this would help you to stop worry from your research done.
Do take advise from the expert doctors before going into Anxiety.

Will appreciate you to write excellent feedback comments to help the needy patients like YOU at HCM.
Keep Me Updated if need be,I would love to help you out.

Good Day!!

M.S.Genl-CVTS