question-icon

What causes red, fluid leaking sores all over buttocks?

Posted on Fri, 22 May 2015
Question: I have red, fluid leaking sores all over my buttocks. What are they?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

I am concerned that you might be dealing with a skin infection which is causing the source to continue to be a problem for you.

There are certain types of staph and strep bacteria which can cause these type of superficial skin infections.

In light of the concern regarding infection I would recommend that you visit with your primary care doctor for a good physical examination. Your doctor might recommend that you take an antibiotic by mouth in addition to possibly a topical antibiotic to help get this under control.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist