What causes red dots underneath right thumb nail, headaches and calf cramps?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have pin sized red dots underneath my right thumb nail and right 4th digit. I have been waking up with headaches every morning for the past 3 days and some cramping in my left side calve. I also have lost 5 pounds in a week and have no desire or urge to eat. The lymphnodes in my throat are swollen and have had a sore throat for 3 days.

I googled and saw the red dots could indicate endocarditis?

I have a long history of anemia and B12 deficiency. I do not take anything for them.

I do take xanax (for 3 months) and lexapro (for 3 months)and acylcovir (for 3 months) as well as birth control (for 6 months). And I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old. (to factor into my symptoms)
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your medical history and the reports you provided and can say as following :
- anemia and vit deficiency are possible causes to the red spots noted in your nails. A complete blood count and ferritin /transferin levels should be checked
- I advise to run blood smear to exclude other possible diagnosis

For the moment, I advise to start taking vit.b complex together with iron and folic acid supplementation.

Hope it was of help!
Dr.Benard
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist