What causes red colored moles as per the attached images?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I have a couple of more moles I would liked checked one with a pore sized red spot next to it and one with a darker pigmentation in the center, thank you :D
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few good quality images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to guide you better.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 10 minutes later
Sorry about that
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Images not received

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I am yet to receive images. You may upload the images either in "Reports Section" or you may also mail me the images at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line of the mail as Attention:Dr. Kakkar. Kindly contact customercare team for help regarding how to upload images.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
last night I kept getting an error message, hopefully these will send now. if not I'll try the email.

have sent the reports through email
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding moles

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
Apology for delayed response.
One of the moles with a darker center and XXXXXXX periphery looks pretty beingn as it is symmetrical, regular and round to oval, small sized nevus. However I am not really sure about the other mole with a red dot beside it. It seems to have irregular margins yet is well defined and uniformly colored. So I would consider even this one as normal. However I request you to kindly upload a few more good quality images of it so that I am able to have a good look at it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 3 hours later
I tried taking pictures with a DSLR, the lens wouldn't fully focus, this is the best I got :)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
A benign nevus

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

It is a triangular in shape. Looks pretty benign since it is uniform XXXXXXX colored, well defined and flat - Junctional nevus. I don't think you need to do anything for it. Just keep a watch on it just like your other moles and if it changes in anyway - size, shape, color, symmetry.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Thanks 🙂 I was also wondering if you could take a look at this one under my arm, im not sure if it's a mole or a skin tag but it looks a little darker than the others
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
A nevus

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

It is a nevus- a compound nevus. It looks benign. A nevus is firm when felt between fingers whereas a skin tag feels soft and usually also has a stalk.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee