What causes red bumps with white tips around groin area?

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hello,
for the past week or so ive had these red bumps most with white tips around my groin above my penis. I have nothing kn the shaft or scrotum area but im scarred for genital warts. these appeared right after shaving but have been consistent. im not sure if you can have genital warts on the groin but not on the actual penis?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
kindly attach pic

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.

As per details, it may or may not be genital warts. I would like to know the following details :
1 ) are these bumps itchy/ painful or asymptomatic?
2) any history of similar lesions before ?
3) any history of warts before?

Kindly reply to my questions and attach a pic of the lesions so that I can actually visualise it and help you to my best.
Stay healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 3 minutes later
not really itchy or painful (I mean slightly but nothing abnormal if they werent there) yes ive gotten bumps like these quite often but never this many and for this long and no history before
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
molluscum contagiosum is the most likely possibili

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached pics. Thanks for attaching the pics.

It seems that you are suffering from a condition called molluscum contagiosum.
it is a viral infection of skin leading to formation of pearly white raised eruptions with central indentation with or without erythematous base.

The best treatment for this is removal of the molluscum bodies by needle extirpation by an expert dermatologist.

I will advice you to visit your dermatologist at the earliest and discuss this with him/ her. I am sure he/ she will agree with my opinion.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 5 minutes later
sooo this is more than likely NOT genital warts?

I think im going to cry of happiness
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
definitely not warts

Detailed Answer:
Yes definitely these are not genital warts.
stay healthy.