What causes red bumps on tongue causing pain, white tongue and diarrhea?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: My tongue is irritated on the tip with little raised red bumps, also tongue appears slightly white and is painful. I am also experiencing diarrhea. Over two years ago I thought I had possible exposure to HIV because I was smoking marijuana with a woman that had HIV. I had an ELISA Test at 5 weeks which was negative and took the Oraquick test at home at 9 months post exposure which was negative. I still cannot get the possibility out of my head particularly with all of these symptoms I am having.
I also suffer from depression and anxiety
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely due to HIV. Get Elisa for HIV 1&2 antibodies test done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details.
The chances of transmission of HIV by smoking together is nil.
The symptoms of diarrhea is not specific to HIV.It can be due to anxiety or stress or any GI upset or infection.
The oral symptoms may be due to anxiety or stress too.You can send clear photos of same for clarification.
Elisa negative at 5th week is good but not conclusive. Ora quick test negative after 9 months is almost conclusive, but better get an antibodies (Elisa)test for HIV to be conclusive.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist