What causes red bumps on buttocks and around genital region?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have red bumps on my buttocks and around my genetalia region and they're quite large. Also my penis skin color is fading and appears lite pinkish color and also the skin is peeling. I don't get itch on all the spots though. What to do?
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Upload a photograph

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic

I am Dr kakkar. I have gone through your query.

I would be able to help you better if you can upload a digital photograph dipicting the lesions/bumps you are concerned about.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Please find the reports attached.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tinea Cruris

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I could find the attached pictures. This is classical fungal infection/Tinea Cruris.

I would suggest a topical antifungal e.g Clotrimazole ceam, twice daily for 4 weeks.

An oral antifungal e.g Fluconazole 150 mg tablet once every week for 4-6 weeks is also advisable.

An OTC antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10 mg once daily would provide symptomatic relief from itching.

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 17 minutes later
thanks doc. are these meds available in a common popular particular brand name. would be easier for me to find. for cetrizine I'm taking Cetrizet D tab and clotrimazole cream beclopro. plz suggest me any more effective or strong prescription. also my skin is peeling from parts on my thigh and penis shaft.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are effective medications

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

You can purchase Fluconazole 150 mg tablet from a local chemist/pharmacy. However, it is a prescription product. It should be taken once weekly for 4 - 6 weeks.

Use plain clotrimazole cream twice daily rather than using a clotrimazole beclomethasone combination

Continue with Cetrizine tab 10 mg once daily (Cetrizine D contains a decongestant which is not required, rather take plain cetrizine tablet).

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 2 days later
hi doc I want to follow up on my condition with two new pics I've attached of my knee and thigh both with the same infection. as advised I'm taking ur meds but what order and how long should I take it? my infected area is bright red color and I'm having itch all the time. please advised something strong and effective.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

I have reviewed your latest pictures. These are all classical of fungal infection. Annular lesions with central clearing.

You may take fluconazole (tab. flucos 150 mg) once every week for 4-6 weeks.

Topically you may apply either clotrin-B cream (contains clotrimazole+beclomethasone) OR you may apply Sebifin-plus cream (contains terbinafine+mometasone), twice daily for 4-6 weeks

Oral tab cetrizine 10 mg once daily would provide you symptomatic relief from itching.