What causes red bump on eyebrow and swelling of eyebrow?
abscess or insect bite
It looks like an abscess in initial stage or an insect bite.
Just try to press it and see whether it hurts him.
Also feel whether it is soft or hard like a lump.
Let me know so I can help you better.
It looked yesterday like a small red mosquito bite. Woke up today a little swollen, and then after Benadryl, it swelled even larger so that his eyelid dropped down and could hardly open his eye.
Took him to ER and they said to wait it out. I'm just concerned it's something worse since it hasn't gotten better.
The infected area is definitely warm/hot.
If it is warm and slightly like lump surely it developing an abscess.
You dont need to wait please start oral antibiotics as XXXXXXX as possible and do warm compress.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bump on eyebrow cause eyelid swelling
- What causes nerve pain in eyebrow
- Pimple on eyebrow causes swelling of eyelid
- Swollen eyelid redness bump below eyebrow cause
- Pimple on eyebrow causing swelling
- What causes swelling between eyebrow and eye
- What causes pain in the eyebrow bone
- What could cause shedding of eyebrows
- Hard bump on eyebrow causing eye swelling
- Boil on eyebrow causing eyelid to swell