question-icon

What causes red blotchy skin on arms and upper chest area?

Posted on Thu, 28 May 2015
Question: I have red blotchy skin on my arms and upper chest, It never goes away but gets worse when my body gets over heated or I am exposed to the sun. It is not itchy or raised and does not bother me other than the fact that it is embarrassing. What do you reccommend
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
A good cream with SPF over 35 and PA++

Detailed Answer:

Since the blotchy skin does not produce any symptoms but just awkwardness I would not suggest any medication. I would suggest you to opt for a good cream with SPF over 30 / 35 with PA ++. YOu can go to nearby pharmacy and ask the pharmacist with these specifications. He can recommend you the better brand. Apply this before you leave home. Never expose the areas to sun. You should get indoors within 30 minutes after you apply this.

Hope this helps.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam