What causes red blotchy patch on abdominal area?

Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Red blotch on my stomach. Itches sometimes. A little scaly. Had it a few days.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Topical corticosteroids worth trying.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

I just saw the image of the red blotch, Redness and itching a clear signs of inflammation. Considering the fact that no other similar lesions have developed over time, it is unlikely that this blotch should be of infectious origin.

I suggest using a topical steroid since it looks more of an inflammation. Under normal circumstances, you should get better within a couple of days after use. Persistence might require you to see a dermatologist. However, I think topical local steroids should be sufficient.

Hydrocortizone creme 1% could be an option. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health.

Dr Bain
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj