question-icon

What causes red blood filled spots in the scalp and hair loss?

Posted on Sat, 7 May 2016
Question: Hello Doctor

I have some red spots in my scalp... I combed hard and one of them bleeds.. I attached a photo.. I also found some hai loss in the bump area
Answered by Dr. Saad Sultan (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
see explanation

Detailed Answer:
Welcome at HCM
I am Dr Saad Sultan and will be answering your query. I have read and understood your health concerns.
I have seen the photographs , it is a hair follicle infection which get traumatized by the comb.
You should not be worried about it.
If I am your attending physician I will prescribe you antibiotics from penicillin group like amclav 625 mg two times daily along with acetaminophen for five days. These are prescription based medicines which can be prescribed by a local physician.

It needs time , at least a week to heal. Try to comb hairs softly not to injure it again.
Hope it helps
Feel free to ask anytime
Dr Saad Sultan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Saad Sultan