What causes red blood filled spots in the scalp and hair loss?
I have some red spots in my scalp... I combed hard and one of them bleeds.. I attached a photo.. I also found some hai loss in the bump area
Welcome at HCM
I am Dr Saad Sultan and will be answering your query. I have read and understood your health concerns.
I have seen the photographs , it is a hair follicle infection which get traumatized by the comb.
You should not be worried about it.
If I am your attending physician I will prescribe you antibiotics from penicillin group like amclav 625 mg two times daily along with acetaminophen for five days. These are prescription based medicines which can be prescribed by a local physician.
It needs time , at least a week to heal. Try to comb hairs softly not to injure it again.
Hope it helps
Feel free to ask anytime
Dr Saad Sultan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What illness causes hair loss
- Red blotchy scalp hair loss
- What causes hair loss in men
- Hair loss in spots on scalp
- Red sore scalp hair loss
- Does scratching your scalp cause hair loss
- What is the cause and treatment for hair loss
- What antidepressants cause hair loss
- Itchy red scalp hair loss
- Itchy scalp hair loss causes