What causes red and sore lumps on the roof of mouth?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi,

I have these veiny lumps on the roof of my mouth. I never noticed it was there until today when one of the veiny lumps got a little scratched and is red and a little sore. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No , its in infection

Detailed Answer:
Welcome dear!

Thanks for consulting me at virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.
It looks like soft tissue infection ( on hard and soft palate). it  may lead to pharyngitis.
I usually prescribe antibiotics to my patients for such disease. Amoxicillin500mg per oral twice daily for 5days is good for this. You may ask a prescription from your doctor.

Also you need gargles with listerine 3times daily. Its not so serious but you need to take care of it.

If you need further, detailed and quick assistance related to any health issues, feel free to 'ask me a question' directly from my profile. You can also attach Lab reports and pictures with direct question.

May you get very well soon and have a wonderful time ahead. Please don't forget to give your valuable feedback and five star rating, to help me assist you in a better way. Click at 'I Find This Answer Helpful.' Please, write a review about your experience with me.

Regards!

DR. HANIF
XXXXXXX USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Muhammad Hanif