• question-icon

What causes recurring yeast infection of foreskin?

Posted on Mon, 3 Nov 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi, I am 19 years old and uncircumcised. I get reoccurring yeast infections that last for weeks and cause much discomfort and complications. I just want to ask a few questions: does insurance cover the procedure since it is related to my health? If not how much does it cost in the XXXXXXX XXXXXXX area? What complications can arise from the procedure? And finally can any of these complications be permanent? Thanks for your help!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not covered under insurance in XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have recurrent infection of the foreskin (Posthatitis) causing much discomfort.

In a given situation it is better you get circumcised .It is a simple surgery done under local anaesthesia as a out patient procedure and gives permanent cure.

There are no short term or long term complications of this surgery.

In XXXXXXX this surgery is not covered under insurance .You need to inquire with your insurance company in US regarding coverage.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to write if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards .
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist