What causes recurring traumatic flashbacks of my childhood?

Posted on Fri, 27 Mar 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I AM HAVING REOCCURRING FLASH BACKS OF MY CHILDHOOD. I BELIEVE I MIGHT HAVE BEEN SLIPPED DATE RAPE DRUGS OR SOMETHING WORSE POSSIBLY. I REMEMBER BEING A VERY PERCEPTIVE CHILD AS I AM AN ADULT TODAY, BUT SOME INCIDENCES SEEM DREAMLIKE AND NOT ALL THE WAY REAL. WHAT COULD THIS MEAN? IS THERE AN ILLNESS OR DRUG THAT COULD MAKE YOU LOSE TOUCH WITH TIME FOR SEVERAL MONTHS, OR DAYS?
I WANT TO BE AS EXPLICIT AS POSSIBLE WITH YOU.
So I remember being on an examination table feeling drugged as a child and being checked by a doctor, but I'm having extreme amnesia of the event. I remember feeling in a slight drugged state and seeing liquid secrete from my nipple, then also being really fat and feeling out of it. But the flashbacks are just all like some kind of traumatic flashbacks. I don't even know if I were ever pregnant. How can all of this be?
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
need some details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

I have read your details. You have recurring traumatic flashbacks of your childhood. You experience unreal, dream-like incidences.

These symptoms are suggestive of dissociative disorder which is a disruption in the usually integrated functions of consciousness, memory, identity, or perception of the environment.

Kindly provide with some details:
1. Since when you face such problems?
2. Do you have any stress currently?
3. Any history of seizures, drugs of abuse or other mental health issues in past?
4. Taking any medical treament?
5. Any relationship issues in past or other traumatic experiences in past?
6. Any other details which you would like to give and think to be useful?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Shubham Mehta 2 hours later
I don't believe them to be unreal though I think they just seem that way, but I have a strong feeling of being drugged, maybe a doctor knows the variant drugs that can be slipped to someone, which is causing my anxiety at times to heighten. I feel like I could be having minor symptoms of post traumatic I do have a diagnosis of anxiety though.
This all I can really think of though as I described of my disturbances.
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
depersonalisation-derealisation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Sorry for late response

It appears to me that this is most probably a dissociative disorder, may be a depersonalisation-derealisation disorder or dissociative amnesia.

Depersonalization disorder is thought to be caused largely by severe traumatic lifetime events, including childhood abuse, accidents, natural disasters, war, torture, panic attacks and bad drug experiences.

The drugs most commonly implicated for this are LSD or other hallucinogens, cannabis and flunitrazepam.

Have you been exposed to these drugs in past, if you remember?

Since you already have anxiety, this can worsen the condition.
Do you take any treatment for anxiety?

Another possibility could be post traumatic stress disorder.
Do you remember any clear traumatic events that happend to you in your childhood?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist