What causes recurring tightness, pain, swelling on the left side of chest?
Go for tests to reassure...
Welcome to Health Care Magic
As you have cleverly summarised, this could well be Costochondritis and Anxiety
Anxiety causes pain – pain causes Anxiety – a vicious cycle sets in…
However, at this age, the wise option is to have stress imaging - like stress ECHO or Treadmill exercise ECG, may be with thallium isotope) – to exclude Coronary Artery Disease…
Rather to rule out and reassure… / - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise
ECHO is non-invasive / and can be repeated in 6 months to one year…
What was your inference " cleverly summarized ".. I wasn't trying to be clever and I sense in this response a somewhat sarcastic attitude.
I was hoping for more questions. Like when exactly do I have the attacks and how long so they last and are they all the same..
Actually, what do I expect for 18.00? I, should have known better. I was just looking for some reassurance it wasn't my heart. And really how can you correctly and honestly answer this question.
Thanks, but you do not need to respond.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in chest
- Chest pain swelling causes
- Recurring chest pain causes
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- What is the cause of having recurring chest pain
- What is the cause for tightness and pain in chest
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes swelling in left side of upper chest
- What is the cause of recurring stabbing chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache