What causes recurring red vaginal discharge?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi doctor how you? Basically I'm a little worried all of a sudden I got a lot of like discharge when I went to the bathroom. After about 2 hours I went to urinate and wen i cleaned with tissue I saw a slight red line is that a cause of concern? Pls reply as soon as u can.

But it's all clear now there's no sign of red or anything. There was lots of like slimy discharge tho

I'm so worried I hope nothing goes wrong
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No active treatment needed as yet

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX I understand your anxiety but right now just observe for red discharge and see in case it recurs.
In general take a lot of rest and avoid intercourse in the meanwhile.
If it stays fine then nothing to worry but if it persists as off and on blood discharge then an ultrasound is a must.
Also at your next visit to your gynecologist ask her for supplementation of progesterone tablets which will prevent bleeding in future.
Take care dear.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 7 hours later
Ok that's great! There's nothing as of now. It was just yesterday lots of discharge and a line of red. Alhamdullilah nothing now.

Also wanted to ask any sleeping positions that are not good? I'm 9/10 weeks now Alhamdullilah.

Hey doctor went now to the bathroom and saw a red spot. But I don't know if it is from inside or it's a cut

I feel it's from a cut Coz i have abit of dry skin but I'm not sure. what do I do? It's very small like a sand particle size of a dot

I have abit of pain too on the pelvic
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gynecologist examination

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX there was some problem at my end so replying this late.
In my opinion you need to take complete rest and see if bleeding occurs.
In case this mild off and on spotting continues then visit your gynecologist for examination so that you are also relieved and we have a proper documentation of heart beat of the baby.
If it is because if dry skin then she will give you some local application so as to relieve the problem and will help in solving the confusion regarding source of bleeding
All the best.
My sincere wishes to you for a healthy pregnancy ahead.