What causes recurring pin-worm infection?
Today (Saturday) I noticed large amounts of mucus in my stool, after noticing dead worms in my stool on tuesday from last Sunday's redosing of Reese's (pyrantel palmoate). I have also felt itching at night. Is it safe to redose again the the pyrantel palmoate? I had previously been taking the medicine as necessary, followed by a two week redose.
Please, get an exam to look for this worm!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this recurrent pinworm infection that you have reported. I ahem reviews your information fully and this is not suggestive of pinworm infection anymore. There is no pinworm that would resist all these medications. I am of the thinking that your doctors have been treating this over and over and have failed to look for other possible causes of anal itches. I will recommend that you get a test to look for this and make sure the worm is identified before any further treatment. If the worm is identified, then talk to me and I will recommend a complete plan to address this. For now, I am not even the least convince that pinworm is the problem at this time.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Sounds logical that you could be reinfected if others were not treated!
It sounds logical to be constantly reinfected if others were not treated. However, I will still like to see a test done before we continue with this treatment. Let me know how it goes with your doctor.
Hope to hear from you!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Screw worm infection
- Nursing diagnosis for worm infection
- Hook worm infection causes
- Intestinal worm infection in infant
- What is the alternative treatment for stubborn ring worm infection
- Pin worm infection in clitoris
- What is the cure for ring worm infection
- Worm infection sweating
- Vaginal pin worm infection
- Worm infection causes
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?