What causes recurring pain under ribs along with pain in stomach and back?
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for abdominal pain. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. since when are you having pain?
2. Does pain settle/improve after taking food?
3. does pain radiate from one side to any other side?
4. any history of nausea, vomiting or fever?
5. any history of constipation or diarrhea?
6. have you undergone any test like CBC, ultrasound abdomen, urine complete, LFts, etc? if yes then please share results
7. are you on any medication?
8. any history of diabetes, hypertension, heart problem or other illness?
9. any family history of chronic illness?
10. any other symptom that you would like to share?
11. does pain aggravate while taking fatty meal(in specific)?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
See description please
Thank you for getting back with the answers. We need to rule our certain conditions like hemolysis & gastritis.As you are scheduled for gastrosopy so it will rule out gastritis. Clay colored stool usually occurs if there is increased bilirubin levels in stool. Meanwhile If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:
- CBC with retic count to confirm if there is any sign of hemolysis
- serum bilirubin levels
- sucralfate suspension thrice a day for 5 days
- a baseline ECG to confirm status of heart
- take small frequent meals.
- take 30-45mins walk/exercise daily in the evening. It will make you fresh, healthy and is good for digestion.
- Don't lie down immediately after taking meal
- Eat a diet rich in fiber, especially from fruits and vegetables
fatty & oily food.
heavy meals at night
carbonated & caffeine drinks
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lower back pain and distended stomach
- What causes stomach cramps with back pain
- What causes exhaustionheadacheneck and back pain along with nausea
- What causes severe stomach pain that extends to the back
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes stomach pain with back pain
- Severe rib pain and back pain cause cancer
- What is causing back pain and stomach sickness
- What causes vomitingdiarrhoeaheadaches with lower back and stomach pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain