What causes recurring pain in shoulder joints?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi
I would like an opinion . I seem to be having shoulder joint pain that comes and goes started this evening at work I it at a computer all day I have had this before but didn't last long was wondering what it is
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to a wrong position during the day.

You should know that a wrong posture can cause tension of the back and shoulder muscles, leading to pain.

Another possible cause are chronic inflammatory changes to this joint, which can be exacerbated by a wrong posture.

Weather changes can also trigger this type of pain, because of the possible changes in atmospheric pressure. #

Anyway, it does not seem to be anything serious. So relax and don't worry about it.

I recommend taking ibuprofen 400mg for the pain.

If the problem persists, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician and performing a shoulder joint X ray study and some blood lab tests (complete blood count, PCR, sedimentation rate) for inflammation.

I would also advise you to correct your posture (straighten your back), avoid prolonged standing in a certain position (bend over your computer) and perform some physical exercise for the shoulders and your back.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Feel free to ask me again whenever you need!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri