What causes recurring pain in lower abdomen?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have had dull right side pain for about 2 months, seems more prominent after red meat or sugar. Its dull and feels better when stretched and deep breath its on the side of the body and a dull pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Is the pain in the right upper or right lower quadrant?
Does it wake you up from sleep?
Cough?
Nausea/Vomiting?
Any tests done so far?
Do you take painkiller medications?
Any other medical illness?

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 24 minutes later
No other symptoms at all, it is on and off type pain, goes away for a few days and then returns. Feels good when i stretch to the left. Pain is a 1-2 put of 10, low, and no pain now for example. No meds. Started after 1 week trip to Singapore and had lots of spicy food - went away after 2 weeks but since then it has been sort of coming and going - its dull but its noticeable. Pain is in lower quad i think but hard to tell, def not pronounced in upper -almost feels like a cramp we get when we run sometimes- that type of dull pain. Stool and urine is normal, gas is a little worse than usual
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acid peptic disease

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the additional information.
Based on the information provided it looks like you have acid peptic disease.

You can take Nexium once daily before breakfast for 4 weeks for relief.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Dr.R.K.