What causes recurring pain between the shoulder blades?
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns
You have been experiencing pain between your shoulder blades that come and go. This is more than likely muscle spasms of the muscles around the shoulder blade. We usually start treatment with massage and physical therapy. It is caused by your muscles being out of balance. The shoulder blade and shoulder is a very complicated joint and the muscles that achieve motion are sometimes not in balance and will cause muscle spasms of certain muscles. I would recommend seeing a physical therapist who can develop a plan to reduce that pain and help re-balance your shoulder joint.
Your medical provider may start you on pain medication including NSAIDs and a muscle relaxant.
You can at home us alternating heat and ice to help reduce the spasms along with stretching exercises that you can get from your physical therapist.
I hope I answered your question. If you have any additional questions please contact us again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain between the back shoulder blades
- What causes pain between shoulder blades and olive green stool
- Neck causing shoulder blade pain
- Pain causing nodules in shoulder blade
- What causes sharp pain between left shoulder blade and spine
- What causes persitent pain in shoulder blades
- Causes pain left shoulder blade
- Chest infection causing pain between shoulder blades
- Can constipation cause pain between the shoulder blades
- What causes pain in chest along with shoulder blade