What causes recurring itchy rash after showering?
my wife said it looked similar to hives or maybe even chicken pox to her. seem to start on just upper back and chest and now seems to have spread more on upper body. whatever it is the Medrol seems to work for temporary. he does have allergies such as weed pollen normal allergies, and does take lots of allegra during spring an summer months.
urticaria continue allegra. Add monteluekast
Thanks for writing to us.
Do send some pictures if possible.
From your description and history it is more likely urticaria which can develop due to allergies or temperature change like during bathing.
Use lukewarm water to bath avoiding sudden change in temperature of skin might help in decreasing the rash.
Anti histamines like allegra can be taken daily for a couple of weeks to see if that helps, most often yes it helps. Monteluekast 10 mg daily should help him. Both the drugs are prescription only medications and your local doctor will know about it.
This will help to prevent exaggerated allergic reactions.
It may take a few more weeks to settle.
Wishing your son good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes after shaving
- What causes itchy rash on abdomen
- What is the cause of itchy rashes after shingles vaccine
- What is the cause for itchy rash on the vagina
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What causes itchy rashes on neck
- Whats causes non itchy rash
- What causes itchy rash on body
- What is the cause for itchy swollen rashes
- What causes itchy rashes on buttocks