What causes recurring dreams and nightmares?

Dr. K. V. Anand

Psychologist

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Relationship
Question: I am getting repeated dreams on child hood moments. How to avoid that. both good and bad dreams. most of the dreams are related to my time spent in my village with Relatives and family members.Also some times in night I feel scared of ghosts in home from last 2 years
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
I need to analyze the whole dream sequence.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I can understand.

We all know dreams are not reality and many studies showed us that dreams never become reality. In very few and rare cases, we do hear people say, things happened exactly as they saw it in a dream. such experiences are just a mere coincidence, studies show.

Repeated dreams or recurrent dreams indicates the presence of unresolved conflicts or stressors in an individual’s life. Your childhood happenings, whether good or bad, must have been unresolved conflicts for your unconscious mind.

I wish to know exactly what are those dreams. I request you to analyze each dream and try to keep those dream happenings in writing. Please be detailed. Please do not write in haste. If you want, you can take time.

Write every details of the dream as much as possible.

Follow the procedure for each repeating dreams.

Then post a question with those details.

Let me analyze those dream details. I wish to talk to you too. After analyzing, I am sure, I will be able to provide you a solution for the whole thing.

For the time being, please do not worry about the repeated dreams. Just because dreams do not cause any problems physically or mentally unless you worry about them. Take my word for it.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj