What causes recurring diarrhea with pain in lower lef quadrant?
Now I am experiencing dizziness night sweats and my blood pressure is falling 106/68. My glucose I 123. I did have a drs apt on Fri, but he is sick. I am concerned.I have no images to submit. July 2010 I had emergency surgery and 8 in. of bowel was removed. All test were negative for diseases The bowel was twisted up and perforated the intestinal way. I have a lot of gas and lately (5/14) I was tested for worms. I did have some but since then there has been no recurring evidence.
Need immediate medical assistance&evaluation...
I have gone through your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in.
The diarrhea that you experienced on and off associated with pain in the lower left quad might be indicative for bowel infection.
You are also reporting to have bowel leakage, which is suggestive for problems with bowel muscles or due to severe diarrhea you are facing.
The drop in blood pressure, dizziness and night sweats are consequences of losing fluids (diarrhea).
What worries me is your previous history of having a part of your bowel removed due to perforation. So, you should seek immediate medical help at ER and report everything that you have been experiencing now and previously.
Meanwhile, I advise to:
- take o.r.s apart taking gatorate
- take pepto bismol or tasectan to relieve diarrhea
- drink plenty of water together with other fluids (ors, gatorate, soups)
- avoid spicy, chilly, fatty foods
Once again, you should seek immediate medical help as you are losing fluids and need immediate treatment.
If anything else, let me know! Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause abdominal pain cramping and diarrhea
- What causes severe pain in stomach followed by diarrhea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and severe migraine
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- What causes the sternum more painful with diarrhea and nausea
- What causes abdominal pain with diarrhea and bloody stool