What causes recurring cough in a 22 month old infant?
my child specing cough problem every 1.5 month gap
he is now 22 month old
The propensity to such infections comes down with increase in age.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Most often respiratory tract infections in children are due to certain viral infections. Some children are more prone to such infections although the propensity comes down with age. It occurs due to poor immunity. You need to give the child plenty of colorful fruits and vegetables in diet. They contain plenty of antioxidants which would help in boosting his immunity. It has to be backed by proper playhabits.
When the child has such infections, give him steam inhalation. Water in form of vapor reaches deep inside and helps in diluting the cough and thus provides relief.
When you go to the doctor next time, get his tonsils checked since tonsillitis can increase the propensity to catching cold.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes a dry cough
- What causes a hoarse cough
- What causes severe cold and cough every month
- What could be cause of heavy cough of infant
- What causes recurring cold and cough with throat pain
- What causes coughing at night
- What causes cough attacks
- What causes recurring boils on body with cough
- What causes a chesty cough
- What causes persistent cough in a 14 months old