What causes recurring back pain and pain in rib cage area?
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am DR.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
On the basis of this history we can't rule out a bone,disc or muscle etiology,as yet.If the pain is at renal angle,it may be a kidney issue as well.A doctor who has physically examined you can better narrow down the differential diagnosis.
X-ray may ultimately not turn out to be the best test(you may need MRI spine),but for the meantime,it is surely the first test to go for.I hope your ESR and other blood investigations have turned normal.
If you have some further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for neuralgia on right side of face
- Suggest treatment for pain in head along with knee pain and locking
- Suggest treatment for numbness in arms and legs
- What causes left-sided twitching on face and eye?
- What causes shaky hands and head?
- Suggest treatment to regenerate the femoral nerve damaged by a haemorrage
- What causes chronic sense of fullness in head and tenderness of scalp?
- What causes sore and stiff neck along with blurry vision?
- What causes difficulty in speech along with high BP?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of burning feet syndrome