What causes recurrent piles even after surgery?
I had operation for removal of piles 10 years back. Now it has come again. I have pain and there is protruding outside to the rectum. This has been started since a week. There is no blood coming out till now from the rectum. But has pain while sitting, standing. My friend suggested to apply anovate cream and sit in bath tub full of warm salty water... Is this the right medication. Pls suggest me the correct one as I have lot of travel involved in my current profession... Should I need to go for another operation
Thanks for the query.
Chances of reoccurrence of piles are very less after the surgery but in 2-5 % of people undergoing surgery for piles tend to get the piles back after 5-10 years.
This happens mostly due to bad lifestyle resulting in constipated and hard stools along with undue straining of stools.
At the moment you need to take some anti inflammatory like ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day along with application of local anesthetic ointment like lidocaine before every stool.Take SITZ bath as suggested and make your stool loose and liquid by taking some laxative.
You must consult your surgeon as early as possible for the surgery.
A proper lifestyle after the surgery would ensure you that it doesn't reoccur again.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of piles
- Precautions after piles surgery
- Exercise after piles surgery
- What causes a sentinel pile
- Recurrence of piles after 5 years of surgery
- Alcoholism after piles surgery
- Beer after piles surgery
- Problem of piles what surgery is best to solve piles
- What causes bleeding piles
- Food after piles surgery
- Sudden weight gain, lower back pain. Need help
- Pressure inside ear and pain. Have herniated disk. MRI and ultrasound...
- Elevated levels of ALT and protein in urine. Should I be concerned about...
- Infant has large belly button. Is there a hernia belt appropriate for...
- Do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes? Done C-peptide test. Want to know...
- Dark circles below eyes. Have seven hours sleep. What measures can be...
- Taking immunosuppressants for Crohn's disease. Runny nose, congestion,...
- What can get rid of bad nose smell?
- Child has fever, dizziness, red cheeks, bug bite on cheek, no head or...
- Sneezing during variance in weather in Pune. Can you please help?