What causes recurrent pain and cramps in stomach?
I have stomach pain since 4 months, in my tummy area( where small intestine is), the pain comes and goes, sonetimes dull pain and sonetimes cramping pain, the area is tender to touch, i feel soreness while bending, also soreness is there in middle of shoulder and sides. Bowel movement is once in a day and is porridge consistency.My endoscopy showed nodular gastritis . H.pylori was negative. My gastrologist couldnt find anything.
I am loosing weight steadily
Please help diagnose my symptoms
When do you get the stomach pain? Is it sudden or gradual? Any relationship with food?
If the Endoscopy is normal then we should think of parasitic infection. Did you test for stool microscopy? Did you test for gluten sensitivity or other food intolerance? Were you give a course for antihelminths like ZENTEEL / ALBENDA type tablets? You should ask your doctor about this.
You did not say anything about your menses? Were you married? How is sexual life if you are married? Do you have children?
Let me know details. What medicines did you take and upload the reports as well.
Thank you, will be waiting.
Thank you for you reply!
My stomach pain is not gradual, its starts slowly and then increases, I get it everyday, i have stomach discomfort most of the time of the day like someone is pricking my intestines, and also cramps that comes and goes, i get the pains mostly later in the day after having food, mornings mostly i am fine. the area where it pains is tender to touch when pressed.Earlier the pain was in the left of belly button but now its in upper stomach mostly. The pain stays for hours sometimes and sometimes for a day. sometimes I get little relief by burping, i burp a lot. I also get trapped gas under my ribcage both sides.
My stool microscopy was normal, I was given enterogermina 3 days course initially, I haven't tested for food allergies though.
I haven't been given the medicines you prescribed.
My menses had suddenly become twice a month when this stomach pain started but now since 2 months it is regular.
I am married and have a seven month old baby and sexual life is also normal.
I sometimes also have yellow urination, unless I drink tons of water.
Food intolerance, Gluten sensitivity possibilities
Sorry for a delayed reply.
Gradually as you eat the gas is piling up leading to gradual pain.
If gas is building up in the stomach then it can lead to dull pain, relieves on belching or passing stool. Food intolerance / allergy should be thought of.
1) Try taking Tablets of Simethicone plus Charcoal ( GASNIL/ ZEROGAS ), whenever you have this problem of dull pain especially after lunch. Try for a week and check the result.
2) Try taking a walk early in the morning as soon as you get up for 20 minutes.
3) Meantime you should check for food intolerance if any food in the lunch is causing this problem. Meet a Gastroenterologist who can patiently listen to your recent food changes especially after nursing baby.
Enterogermina will kill any parasites in such a case you do not need Zenteel or Albenda. Do you take any other medicines for anything else?
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause stomach cramps and bloating
- What could cause stomach cramps and upper back pain
- What causes stabbing stomach cramps
- What is causing stomach cramps vomitings and pain near lungs
- What causes stomach pain and severe cramping
- What causes stomach cramps with diarrhea
- What causes stomach cramps with back pain
- Painful stomach cramps causes
- What causes sharp pain in stomach with cramps and shits
- Stomach pain cramping bleeding from anus cause