What causes recurrent intense pain in the foot?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Back Pain
Question: Hi! I am having a recurring intense pain and throbbing on the side of my left foot that has been going on all afternoon and evening today. It lasts 10-15 seconds. No other symptoms. It happened once before, several months ago but only happened once, not all day like it's doing today.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query,in my opinion pain is due to nerve compression .So you can take methylcobalamine 1500mg daily and you can also take thiochochicoside 4mg along with aceclofenac as a pain killer.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 hours later
OK, nerve compression. Are the drugs you recommended needing prescriptions? How long would I need to take them? Is nerve compression caused by something? Would I need to take the drug 1 week, 10 days, ?? The pain seems unrelated to walking or wearing shoes or standing vs. sitting, etc. Every 10-45 minutes or so I get a 20-25 second occurrence of this pain/pulsating/throbbing sensation. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The drugs that I have suggested all need proper prescriptions.
The duration of treatment depends on the extent of nerve compression that can be determined by an MRI scan of the lumbar spine.
Nerve compression usually happens at the level of lumbar spine due to a disc bulge.
Initially you can have the medicines for a week and then get the doses and duration adjusted after examination and proper investigations.
Nerve related pains are not related to posture. Consulting an orthopedician will be helpful.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.