What causes recurrent chest pain?
I had chest pain tuesday evening and went to emergency who determined it was not a heart attack and I went home after 5 hours there. The pain lasted about 12 hours in total. No diagnosis except not a heart attack which I have had in the past, plus bypass surgery 20 years ago.
I am having the pain again now and it has been ongoing for about 1 1/2 hours.
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
The pain most likely isn't related to heart attac, your symptoms most likely are related to gastrointestinal or pulmonary disorders.
My advice is to schedule an appointment with your cardiologist to find out what is causing your symptons.
If you were my patients I would have recommended doing the following examinations :
- Blood work
- Cardiac echo
- Stress test
- Chest x-ray
- Thoracic CT scanner
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Upper endoscopy
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Thanks for your response it will make me sleep easier tonight.
Iwas in Cuba April 2015 and after I came back I had flu like sym. for about a month before I went to the Doctor. Tests indicated I had ecoli which the drugs I was given cured. I was wondering this might possibably be a re-occurance?
I will be booking an appointment with my Doctor on Monday.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurrent chest pain causes
- Recurrent chest pain after heart surgery
- What is the cause for intermittent chest pain
- Recurrent chest pains in women
- Treatment and cure for recurrent chest pain
- Symptoms of recurrent chest pain
- What causes pleurisy chest pain
- Diagnosis of recurrent chest pain
- What causes headache with the chest pain
- Drugs/medication for recurrent chest pain