What causes recurrent chest discomfort in a heart patient?
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
As its the first episode of such chest discomfort , it should not be taken lightly. An EKG can be done/advised to look for any acute changes. Troponins (cardiac enzymes) can also be checked to look for a significant rise in levels/titers. Chest x ray and echocardiogram may also be advised. CK MB and LDH as adjuvant evidence can also help. If the investigations are clear and no such abnormality is found then GERD/ GI cause should be treated empirically as its one of the most common cause for non cardiac chest pain and discomfort. If your doctor/cardiologist is still concerned then he may advise a repeat angiography especially if the pain/discomfort persists or worsens.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can stress cause chest discomfort
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort caused by cpap
- What does chest discomfort mean
- Cause of tiredness chest discomfort fluttering heart numb jaw
- Chest discomfort due to flu cause of sound
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- Have chest discomfort burping a lot and indigestion cause
- What causes dyspnea heaviness in her chest and some chest discomfort