What causes recurrent body ache and pain in the wrist?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My hubby feeling high body ache from the morning.. body temperature is 99 but the pain is very high and left hand wrist pain us like a fracture type it too high... nothing else feeling.. after taking sumo it was in controlled but again after 5 hr it's same like in the morning ..pls advice
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
your hubby needs to get clinically examined and investigated thoroughly ..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX Welcome Back to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern for your hubby..

Now it seems he'd suffered from Viral infections last month also,

Please don't use combination analgesics like Sumo so often, as it has several adverse effects too.. If pain is very severe just give him Tab PARACETAMOL (Crocin/Dolo/Calpol etc.) 650 mg after some food for twice to three times daily for next 2-3 days.. It'll provide some symptomatic relief..

Yes, it can be a recurrence of the viral infection only, but the left wrist pain is not likely related here..

Since it's going on for a while now, I'd suggest you to get him checked clinically by an Internal Medicine Specialist followed by a few relevant investigations in this regards (along with CBC, ESR, Electrolytes, Urine R.M, along with tropical infection work-up and/ X-ray of the affected wrist joint..)

Let me know if there's any further queries..

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee