What causes rectal soreness after a prostate biopsy?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had a prostate biopsy where I passed out from the pain. As soon as the equipment was inserted and the needle struck I shouted out in pain and moved, I said it hurt and the doctor said "Be still, don't move" I bit into the pillow and started counting each needle strike, I remember counting 5 and then the next thing I know there are paramedics in the room asking me my name and date of birth and who the president is, I was transported to the Emergency room from the doctors office via ambulance. my question is: who is responsible for these bills? I would assume the doctor should have stopped and made sure then numbing agent worked or re administered it or rescheduled the appointment to knock me out...the result of his decision to proceed cost me a lot of money. I was told the doctor had me sent to emergency room to cover his a__...what gives?
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Non medical query

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for what had happened to you earlier.
I understand your pain about the bills. Prostate biopsy is a usual and common procedures done by the trained Urologist. It is extremely common in their office practice. Generally a good amount of anesthesia would be given before the procedure. THe doctor should check if the anesthesia was adequate before proceeding to the biopsy. This seems one of a case in my opinion.

I cannot comment about your bills which is not a medical question in the first place.