What causes rectal bleeding?
Please, get evaluated and treated for this!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about these clots you observed and all the inconveniences this must have caused you.
Blood in stools can be caused by hemorrhoids, even clots can also be caused by hemorrhoids. What concerns me is that repeated minor bleeding can lead to anemia. Also, continued bleeding may be associated with known hemorrhoids and cause us to miss potentially concerning and other possible causes of blood in stools especially in elderly like cancers.
Have you had your screening colonoscopy for colon cancer? If not, I strongly recommend that you do so because of your age and symptoms. Also, get this condition treated adequately. Even when the cause is known, we cannot feel comfortable having blood in our stools all the times. This has consequences.
The best person to consult at this point would be a gastroenterologist. There is no emergency right now and a regular appointment would do at your earliest convenience.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rectal bleeding causes in women
- Drugs that cause rectal bleeding
- Rectal bleeding causes
- Causes of intermittent rectal bleeding
- Farting causes rectal bleeding
- What causes rectal bleeding prior to periods
- What causes rectal bleeding in jail
- What causes rectal bleeding after bowel movements
- What causes abdominl pain with rectal bleeding
- What causes upper abdominal pain and rectal bleeding
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?