question-icon

What causes raw raised scratch like feeling in the labia majora?

Posted on Tue, 15 Jul 2014
Question: My outer labia feels raw and the skin has been peeling. It started a few weeks ago after shaving. It feels like I have raised scratches.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
fungal/ allergic reaction/ warts

Detailed Answer:
I went through the query and understood your concern.

The raw raised scratch like feeling in the labia majora which is peeling out may be due to one of the common causes like
1. Fungal infection. Common in moist area. Presents with itching and spreading lesion. Antifungal cream with good hygiene and maintaining dryness will help you.
2. Allergic reaction. Keep the area dry and clean. Use only cotton undergarments. For the lesion application of steroid cream will help you.
3. Warts. Rare possibility. But need chemical or surgical excision.the chance of recurrence is there.

These are the common possibilities.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and faster recovery.
Dr. Lohit K