What causes rashes on the penis?

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in Infertility Problem
Question: Son in law just discovered he has staph rash on his penis. It started 10 years ago in Iraq. He went to doctors and received topical treatment for "rash" that never helped. Fast forward to now that he and my daughter are wanting to start a family unsuccessfully and when the semen was tested everything is very abnormal. A dermatologist finally cultured the skin on his penis and turns out its been staphylococcus all this time. He's on antibiotics now but could this have affected his fertility
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to know the details of his semen analysis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
Staph infections can be treated.If he doesn't have any genital infection like prostatitis or epididymoorchitis, Staph infection need not be the cause for his infertility.
We need to rule out varicocele and any hormonal issues.
I suggest him to consult an XXXXXXX and get a physical examination and further follow up.
Feel free to ask your doubts with more details.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad