• question-icon

What causes rashes on the face, stomach and legs?

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a rash that started on my face and has spread to my chest stomach and legs. this had been on going for almost 2 weeks. my face has cleared up and my body still has a lot of itchy rashes. it feels as if after 2 weeks it has spread.

the symptoms are only rashes and itchyness.

no other symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image of this rash for review!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thanks for contacting us.

Seeing every rash is important in making the correct diagnosis and treating adequately. I suggest that you upload an image to allow me review the rash and make a diagnosis. This will pave the way for a personalized and helpful plan.

Without reviewing this rash, am afraid you may receive a rather generic response which will not be entirely applicable or helpful to you. For this reason, kindly follow the directives below to get an image sent to me.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 8 hours later
here are a few pics
Brief Answer:
This is urticaria!

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the images. I have reviewed them fully. This is suggestive of urticaria. I will recommend benadryl: 25mg thrice daily for 7days. Report the progress to me for further evaluation and guidance.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah