Owl Image

What causes rashes on the arms, legs and back while on Trazodone?

Owl Image
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Question
I have severe rash on legs, arms and back. Have been taking trazodone andoxcarbazine for years and just added lisinopril. Could interaction between these drugs be causing rash with severe nighttime itching?
Thu, 4 Jan 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drug rash most likely caused by lisinopril

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and it seems to be caused by lisinopril since it is the newly added drug.
You are taking the other two medicines for a long time so it’s very unlikely that they will cause a drug rash.
You can consult a doctor and get lisinopril changed with some other drug.
Dr Asmeet