What causes rashes on the abdomen, back, scalp, neck and arms?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi. My daughter developed rashes yesterday in her abdomen, back, scalp, neck and arms. The rashes are itchy red and some with pinpoint blisters that rupture easily. She thought she has chicken pox but she is immunized. Two days ago, she had a headache reliever by Tylenol, some muscle pain and feeling tired but she has no fever. Today she developed sore throat and an enlarged neck lymph node. The rashes are still there but they have not multiplied. What does she have?

how long will i have to wait for the answer?
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload an image.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. Going by the description it seems that your child has a viral infection. There are many viral infections that could lead to skin rashes and could be associated with the other problems that you have described. She needs to be examined clinically in order to evaluate the rashes. However, as of now I would insist you to upload an image of the affected areas so that it would be easier for me to comment.

Giving her cetirizine once daily for next few days should provide relief from the itchiness. You may should also apply calamine lotion and some emollient/moisturizer like aloe vera lotion topically for relief. If it still persists, a medical consultation should be advisable.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng