What causes rashes on hand during pregnancy?

Question
hello doctor.....my wife is 4 n half month pregnant. she is getting rashes on her skin..I am attaching a image of it. 15 days back also she got same kind of rash on her hand, her gynac gave her Cloderm which helped. Rashes come n stay for 8-10 days n they burn a lot.Almost 8 months back she got tested for torch and it got positive, is it due to that? is it related to pregnancy or any allergy? we r going to do antinatal blood tests which is required in pregnancy , will we get a cause of rashes in those tests?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be dermatitis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the image attached. It seems to be an allergic rash- dermatitis. This can happen due to coming in contact with an irritant or clothing. This is not related to the positive TORCH test. The blood tests for fetal well being will not detect the cause of this rash.
most of such rashes do subside by applying lactocalamine lotion twice a day. Avoid scratching the area to avoid any infection. She can rub ice in the area to reduce the redness and inflammation.
In case this does not help then 1% hydrocortisone ointment applied locally will help. It is likely to subside in 7-10 days.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal