What causes rashes on foot after taking Meftal-P and Paracetamol for fever?

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 24 Oct 2015 in Child Health
Question: My daughter is 1 year 4 months old I have given her 1dose of meftal p 3.5 ml after 3hours of paracetamol 250mg 5ml on01/10/15 fever came down and she is fine and I am seeing rashes on her foot what should I do
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be due to allergic reaction or inflammatory disease

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

I understand your concerns but don't worry. The rashes on foot after 1-2 days of fever can be due to allergic reaction, inflammatory disease such as hanoch schonlein purpura or thrombocytopenia. To come to a definitive diagnosis, kindly post the images of skin lesions along with descriptions (raised lesions or not, any other site involved, fever present or not, any abdominal pain and joint pains, bowel and bladder disturbances, activity of child and appetite, any bleeding tendency and previous allergic tendency).
This will help in a more definitive diagnosis and management accordingly.

Follow up: Dr. Archana Verma 18 minutes later
She is having itching s on the rashes if their is any creme for insect bites please suggest and she is not taking food keeps in mouth and spits off what to do for that
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Prucal or lactocalamine lotion with Lanzol Junior

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You may apply lactocalamine or Prucal lotion for skin rashes. Give Syp. Atarax thrice daily for early relief.

For poor appetite and oral intake, start her on Lanzol Junior (15mg ) once before breakfast. Also, give a dose of Syp. Albendazole for deworming.

Hopefully this will help her.