What causes rashes on face after taking antibiotic tablets?
An allergy is likely so an antihistamine is a good choice
rashes and itching after using a drug, is almost always caused by an allergic reaction to it. If the reaction is not severe enough to threaten the patient's life, with shortness of breath, wheezing, hypotension etc then antihistamines are usually prescribed and - of course - the drug is stopped at once! There are various antihistamines, each having its own advantages and disadvantages, like loratadine, chlorpheniramine, levocetirizin etc
When the allergy is more severe corticosteroids may be added to the regimen. In severe cases the intravenous root is preferred with methylprednisolone being the most commonly used. In less severe cases, predinosolone can be given by mouth.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Antibiotic tablet for common cold
- Usage of antibiotic tablets
- Side effect of antibiotic tablets
- Mono cef antibiotic tablet
- Boil with antibiotics tablets
- Antibiotics tablets for cold and fever
- Antibiotic tablet name for cold
- Can we take antibiotic tablets with ginette 35
- Antibiotic tablet for cold
- Antibiotic tablets fynal 500