What causes rashes on breast in a breast cancer survivor?

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Breast Cancer
Question: Hi My name is XXXXXXX Four years ago I had breast cancer. I have had no problems. Three days ago I started having chills in the evening. I took some ibuprofen and went to bed. The next morning I was still running a fever by noon I seen that I had a rash on my breast. By that afternoon the rash and fever were very uncomfortable , This went for about 2 days. My rash covered my entire breast ,know my fever is gone and the rash is only around the lower part of the breast.
Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You will need to have blood work performed and skin checked by a physician

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM. What therapy did you have 4 years ago for your breast cancer, did you have chemotherapy?, have you been more fatigued recently?, have you lost weight?, did you have breast augmentation surgery?, and did your prior breast cancer involve the breast you have problems with, please note that any answer yes to any of the questions I have asked will prompt an evaluation by a doctor. Even if the breast cancer was in the opposite breast, we know that it can occur in the contralateral breast. I worry that the cyclic evening fevers have something to do with your prior diagnosis and or low blood counts. The only was to know is to have you blood work checked. I hope this gives you some guidance. Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D