What causes rashes on abdomen after using Heparin during pregnancy?
Dose titration of heparin needed
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic forum.
I would like to know the dose and brand name of heparin because these rashes are most likely due to heparin and thus it needs dose titration.
In general she should avoid scratching her skin over the abdomen if at all she has persistent itching over that area.
Tell me the dose of heparin and symptoms of itching so that I can advice you better.
There is no itching. Only rashes
heparin induced drug reaction
This is heparin induced skin rash, and can increase in future.
Take tablet cetrizine 10 mg twice a day for 7 days and ask her to avoid scratching in case of itching.
See The response and in case satisfactory nothing to worry but in case rashes do not subside or increase then visit your gynecologist as you might need to stop heparin.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heparin allergy causes
- Heparin poisoning causes
- What causes heartburn during pregnancy
- Does heparin cause jaundice
- What causes bleeding during pregnancy
- What causes suffocation during pregnancy
- What causes tremor during pregnancy
- What could be the cause for abdomen pain during pregnancy
- What causes lower abdomen pain during pregnancy
- Heparin shot during pregnancy